Detecting a water leak may be tricky, but it is important to detect the water leak as soon as possible in order to avoid the potential risks that the leaking pipe can cause. Water leak in your property can waste hundreds and in some cases thousands of liters of water. If your water bill suddenly increases and your water usage pattern have not changed, it means that you have water leakage in your property. If you can’t detect it, you should contact a sewer and drain cleaning service to do that for you.
Leakage of water is a serious problem. You should detect the water leakage as early as possible to save money and reduce water leakage. If you are unable to detect water leakage so don’t worry, we are here to help you detect water leak just as a professional drain contractor.
Read the following instructions carefully in order to detect the water leak.
- Check Your Water Meter
If you have a water leakage in any portion of your plumbing, check your water meter regularly to detect the leakage. In order to detect the water leakage, follow these instructions.
- Firstly, turn off all your water and all faucets, and make sure that the washing machine and dishwasher are not running.
- Now check the water meter and notice whether any change occurs on the meter or not.
- If any change occurs on the meter reading it means that there is a fast water leakage, but if reading isn’t changing then it means that the leak may be anywhere else in your plumbing system.
- Repeat the process after 2-3 hours and notice the reading if any change occurs, then it means that you have a water leak.
- Walls, Floors, And Ceilings
Check the flooring and ceiling around the appliances and fixtures that use water such as toilets, dishwashers, bathtubs, kitchen, and refrigerator. Wrapped or Damaged flooring express the existence of moisture and the leakage of water. Check the ceiling and walls which are positioned beneath the washroom. Moisture on the wall, ceilings indicates the water leakage in your plumbing system. Follow the instruction to detect the water leak.
- First of all, contact a sewer and drain cleaning company or plumber to detect the water leak.
- When you detect the water leak, repair it as soon as possible to avoid more damage.
- Observe Your Water Usage
According to the U.S Environmental protection Agency, look at your water usage in winter because it is the best way to detect the water leakage in your plumbing system. According to the research report, if four family members are using more than 12,000 gallons of water per month then there is a possibility of a water leakage somewhere in the house.
- Use Common Sense
Regularly check your home’s cabinet, basements, wall, flooring, ceiling, toilets, kitchen, water meter, hose-bibs and crawlspaces for any foul smell or sign of mold which indicates the water leak.
Contact a professional drain contractor ny and regularly check out all the plumbing system of your house after 5-6 months. Don’t wait for a miracle, repair it as soon as possible.